Sunday, April 4, 2010

Preparing the Perfect Wedding Cake

I have come up with various ways of making extra money in order to supplement the family income throughout the years. For instance, I have typed term papers for students. However, this service is no longer profitable because we are now in computer age. I have also baked pans of bars for special events to help a local caterer. I also do special occasion cakes to earn extra money. I usually bake these cakes for birthday parties, retirement parties and anniversaries of the people I know. I willingly use different flavored cake mixes and a variety of fillings in the layer cakes. I am getting quite a few requests because my cakes are unique and tasty.

Since she was a little girl, my godchild has been the number one fan of my cakes. Every year since she was born, I have been making her birthday cake. I also made her first communion cake, confirmation cake and graduation cake. It came as no surprise to me when she asked me to make her wedding cake.

I was a bit apprehensive because I had never made one before. I had always declined the requests to bake this kind of cake through the years. This is because I was concerned since I do not have the right pans to bake a wedding cake, and I do not have the frosting skills needed for such an important event.

I explained to my godchild that I could not do her wedding cake because of these reasons. However, she told me that she did not want the traditional wedding cake with tiers and fancy piping and flowers. She wanted several individual layer cakes of different flavors and fillings. This is because she was planning to have the cakes displayed on a table with different height cake plates. The cake that she and the groom would cut also has to be her favorite flavor.

I was still apprehensive about doing it, even if she gave me an interesting idea for a wedding cake. You see, I did not feel that my decorating skills were good enough to be displayed and photographed as part of an event as important as a wedding. However, my godchild would not take no for an answer. She went on and told me what flavor combinations she wanted and which fillings. She also told me that she was not ordering any other wedding cake. She would not have any if I did not make the cakes, so I was forced to make the cakes she ordered.

I loaded all the cakes into my car on the morning of the wedding. I then drove to the banquet center where the reception was to be held. My godchild has prepared a separate table set up with different pedestal plates of varying heights to place the cakes on. I have to admit that the cakes looked very nice once I had arranged them all. Three of my godchild's friends ask if I would make a wedding cake arrangement for their weddings during the reception. This could be the start of a new business.

Morgan Hamilton offers expert advice and great tips regarding all aspects concerning Wedding Cake [http://www.weddingsparks.com/weddings/weddings/great-ideas-for-wedding-cake.html]. Visit our site for more helpful information about Wedding Cake [http://www.weddingsparks.com] and other similar topics.

Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/?expert=Morgan_Hamilton

No comments:

Post a Comment